Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Diskeeper info

:snip: hello its me, again. hope you guys arent bored of me asking too much question. well, im just wondering, whats this diskeeper thingy on the net. some one said its good cuz it defrags ur harddisk without u knowing. so to me, i think this is bad cuz i might be playing, burning a cd. i think the data might get scrambled <forgive me if im wrong but my knowledge on computers is still too little :?:> so im asking for everyones opinion on this miraculous diskeeper. thanks :blah:
    Satan: How do you want to die?
    Me: In a coffin

I've never had a problem with it disturbing anything while working in the background. Not sure but I think it only actively defrags when the system is not under a major load. If you find that it is causing problems (or just want to avoid that possibility) you can set it to defrag when the screensaver is active. These options are not availible in the free version (DiskeeperLite http://www.webattack.com/get/dkeeperlite.html ) but if you want to test the program out you can download the trial version and try it out. http://www.execsoft.com/downloads/menu.asp
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Diskeeper is just a very good disk defragmenter, far better than the one that comes with windows. If you get the retail version, you have the option to schedule defrag times, so it can do it automatically. However, if you just want the defraging power of Diskeeper, there is also Diskeeper Lite (like PrairieDawg mentioned) that is free to download and use. The main disadvantage being that it is strictly manual. Lite is also missing a few other goodies as well, but nothing of any real consequence.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

where can i get diskeeper lite? i didn't see it on their webpage
    rig changes too much
    dual boot: WinXP SP1, Mandrake 9.2

yup they have stopped providing Diskeeper Lite version and it is really a pain in a**
    when i needed it minibubba helped me and i saved the direct URL :p
    here it is
    http://www1.execsoft.com/dklite.exe
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

rig changes too much
    dual boot: WinXP SP1, Mandrake 9.2

Thread Information