Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STAY AWAY fro McAFEE!!!!!

I have Mcafee and have "0" problems with it....however I have it set for nothing to load up and nothing to run in the back ground ever....I know its a bit risky with getting viruses through the internet....but I scan every file no matter what kind upon downloading it and I make a habit of scanning my hard drives every week or so....sometimes I get lazy but eh...no problems here....try that and see if it works for ya...

AND as my friend who has DirectPC has found; is INCAPABLE of online gaming
    Haha, Um... duh! It isn't a Bandwidth issue, it is a Latency issue... While the speed of light may be fast, it still takes time to travel 22,200 miles up, and then 22,200 miles down... geosynchronous orbit comes at a price!

Not to mention, if you have a setup capable of uploading AND downloading.... then its YOU... up, down... internet... up down... YOU

whew we're already at 88 thousand miles....

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    I have Mcafee and have "0" problems with it....however I have it set for nothing to load up and nothing to run in the back ground ever....I know its a bit risky with getting viruses through the internet....but I scan every file no matter what kind upon downloading it and I make a habit of scanning my hard drives every week or so....sometimes I get lazy but eh...no problems here....try that and see if it works for ya...
    Good luck with that guy. In the past month Norton has stopped these two little worms that I picked up just by surfing the web. One of them it's stopped 4 times already.
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...n.exploit.html
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...indowbomb.html
    Thunder

I have not had the same experience with McAfee package and XP, probably cos I have ver 6.0.
    BUT.........
    I now habe broadband (BT) and I have to switch off thef firewall then start the connection, open IE and OE then start the f/wall again before I can download & surf.
    Is there a workaround. McAfee don't reply.
    It's ok once I'm on but it's a bloody chore.
    Docusk:mad:
    Doc

I'm running Mc Afee version 6 virus scan as well as McAfee Guardian (firewall) constantly on my XP Pro system with no problems whatsoever. ... guess I'm just lucky so far but I'm happy with it.

As for surfing the net w/o having virus scan and/or a firewall I don't think I'd risk it these days. Kinda like having relationships with thousands of women w/o protection ... might be fun for awhile but eventually you will prolly catch something.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Hi Prairie Dawg. I just wonder if a complete re-install would help. I keep getting error msgs that I am missing a file TLS??? which doesn't seem to matter much (using norton) but will it hurt?
    I know it's only a ***** once a day but even so.....
    Doc
    Doc

I've run McAfee for years and love it...They did have a bit of trouble when XP came out but most of that has been fixed..

For those of you that have any trouble McAfee has a very robust forum that usually helps out most people.

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com

The users are extreamly helpful and McAfee tech support monitors them.

Sorry Docusk but I have no real answers for you. My virus scan and firewall worked the way they are supposed to right from the beginning. Reinstalling McAfee may solve your problem.

I see that you have posted on McAfee's forum. Hopefully some one there will have the answers.

Only info that I was able to find (with a quick Google search) is that TLS prolly stands for "transport layer security".
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

I found a potential solution on the McAfee site and I'll be able to try it manana when I next boot up and login to my broadmand. The tip is for cable modems but the fix may be the same and I've download the update for Ver. 3 and installed it now.
    I'll keep the forum posted. Thanks
    Doc
    Doc

For about a year now i have been using Kaspersky's AV and I perfer it over the Norton. Althought the Norton saved my butt a couple of times in the past, Its getting too damn bulky for my taste.
    Also why would you ever use IE is beyond my comprehension.
    Just my 2 cents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information