Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STAY AWAY fro McAFEE!!!!!

Docusk,

I hope the solution you found will work out for you. But on the off chance it doesn't please repost on the McAfee forums. Everyone there is extreamly helpful and wants a good outcome for you.

I've used that forum for quite a while now, it's better than any session with live tech support and there are some very talented professionals that take pride in the help they provide.

Best of Luck!!

Thanks. I did go to the McAfee forum and found what I thought was the same prob from another. Tried the solution - upgrade to 3.02 but it didn't work. Probably because I'm on straight broadband and he was on a cable modem.broadband. I'll go back and post properly. Thanks for the steer as I'd never have thought of it. They don't reply to ordinary e-mails - well not to me!
    Doc
    Doc

Aha! I took down their worksheet and followed it step by step and it seems to have cured it, just re0-booted and straight into the PRO website!
    Thanks very much! :cool:
    Doc

That's great Docusk..

And your right.. ordinary Tech Support doesn't help much..but the forum gang knows their stuff!

Spoke 2 soon. It was ok with OE as it was still loaded (hibernated) but when rebooted, IE wouldn't get the default and had to kill firewall again. I'll get on and have a word with a tchie as My own is out all day and not available.
    I keep telling him, he'll go blind.
    Doc
    Doc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information