Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good sign program?

Can anyone recommend a good program for creating and printing signs? Like For Sale signs etc. Searched Google and didnt find any simple programs, just 400 dollar plus professional stuff. Thanks

Beefy Guest

Word?

Does Word have graphics? I dont think so. Im talking about something with a bunch of preloaded art and backgrounds. Like if Im trying to sell a boat, I can put pictures of boats with nautical backgrounds. Or, if I want to make signs for a birthday party it can be colorful with graphics not just words. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by allJ
    Does Word have graphics? I dont think so. Im talking about something with a bunch of preloaded art and backgrounds. Like if Im trying to sell a boat, I can put pictures of boats with nautical backgrounds. Or, if I want to make signs for a birthday party it can be colorful with graphics not just words. Make sense?
    Its called ClipArt, etc

There is also M$'s Publisher or Quark Express amoung other apps

your images can be found in numerous places. M$ Office has clip art included; some packages have more than others. Clip art can also be found on the 'net, some is free and some isn't. Some can also be found fairly cheap packed onto CDs in many software and office stores.

If you don't already have an Office suite, I'd recomend OpenOffice.org. It's free and open source : peace2:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by allJ
    Oh, my mistake. I thought that you could insert pics into Word, and if you want a background, make it a water mark, use the themed borders, find pics in the online Design Gallery... Well, I guess not... :rolleyes2

I was gonna suggest Publisher as well, but obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I know what clip art "etc." is. I dont want to search to the web for images and copy and paste and or download images for this or that. All I was asking was if anyone knew the name of a simple all-in-one program for making signs. It seems like alot people on this board have nothing to do but wait for someone to ask what you think is a stupid question so you can be the first to post the most obvious answer. Im a noob and I ask noob questions. If this board doesnt welcome noobs, just say so.

of course 'noobs' are welcome, that's what we're here for. Legitimate advice has been given here, take it or leave it, but I'm in no mood for childish antics.

thread closed

Thanks for the suggestion Beefy. I have Office 2003, and before that I had Office XP, and honestly, I never knew what Publisher was, or even bothered to check it out. I just opened Publisher, and to my surprise, its EXACTLY what I was looking for. I apoligize for my remarks, and thanks for the help.

threads merged and reopened...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information