Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite anti-virus software?

I've been using Norton system works since 2002 through 2004 but I donot like the 2004 version near as well as 2003 since I just encountered some sort of subscrition error that freezes my system in the program and now I no longer care to reinstall it again( used it since it came out but I don't like alot of the annoying features). I'm wondering whats the best alternative to this years ativirus software?

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    I don't like alot of the annoying features
    Turn them of.

AVG
    it's free and works great :)
    it's not demanding on system resources either.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Turn them of.
    I had it turned off. Through the program itself, mscofig, startup and services. I beleive the subsription service somehow manages to keep running :?: . The program still seemed to slow my systems down a little even with everything turned off.:?:

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    AVG
    it's free and works great :)
    it's not demanding on system resources either.

I'm kinda sceptical about free programs, but maybe I'll give it a try. I usually just need a good virus scanner anyway. Is it trustworthy for Kazza downloads and other internet stuff?

AVG
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    Is it trustworthy for Kazza downloads and other internet stuff?
    yep, it can keep pace with anything you might otherwize pay for. It's kept my PCs clean for over a year now. But if it makes you feel better, they do have a retail version you can pay for if you wish.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Sophos... great stuff!
    << Flunders >>

Intel Celeron CPU 2.0MHz O/C'd at 2.94MHz // Coolermaster Aero 4 // Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 SiS 655 chipset // Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler // Leadtek Research WinFast A250 Ti4200 64MB O/C'd at 300/585 /w Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler and Fan // OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR // Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 120GB 2MB Cache // Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum // Pioneer DVD-120 Slot Load // Enlight Endura EN-7250 case // Globalwin Super Silent 22dBA 320W ATX Power Supply // Panasonic (PanaSync E70i) 17" Monitor // Wheel Mouse Optical // Cherry G83-6000 PS2 Keyboard // Creative Webcam NX PRO

Windows XP PRO SP1

ive used Norton AV 2002/2003 Pro versions for the past few years and never had a problem

:2cents:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition. AVG can't keep pace with it. But it requires a rather expensive license so you'll probably only get it if you work for a company that uses it. Go with AVG if you don't have antivirus protection yet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information