Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Outlook Express and rules

I'm used to using Eudora on a Mac and the idea of filtering seems to be easier in Eudora. Anyway, I'm using Outlook Express 6 and having problems with this idea of rules. I'm trying to filter e-mail from particular e-mail lists to it's designated folder. I checked off (1)"Where the To line contains people", (2) "Move it to the specified folder, (3) where the line contains "name of list" and Move it to "name of list" folder. Yet it doesn't work. I must be missing something. Although, I am confused about the wording of "Where the To line contains people" in line 1. I can't find a rule that actually applies it seems. The "To" is not really people but the name of the list. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I assume that this is a message coming into you? If so, don't use the To, use the From.

The funny thing is that I have no problem applying rules in Outlook that comes with Office 2000 but I kind of liked Outlook Express 6 in some respects better. I noticed that in Outlook Express the "From" is shown as the person sending it to me from the list; whereas in Outlook, the list and the name are both in the "From". It will say list and in behalf of so and so. But for the rules to apply, it needs the name of the list in how it is sending it to me. I'm thinking of just using Outlook, even though in some respects it's not as nice. Outlook does rules in an easier way to understand, unless there is some other way. Even if you use the rules within a message for it to apply, it still gives the name of the sender which is not wanted. So Outlook Express 6 is making it too dificult.

believe it or not but u must be very few of those people who would prefer OE over Outlook. Outlook is a more mature program then OE and if you have the former one then imo you should stay with it.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Beefy Guest

I use OE.. :(

Default Re: Outlook Express and rules

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    I use OE.. :(
    I would you like suggest you these programs...

http://www.oemailrecovery.com/outloo...ss-repair.html - <TT>Repair Outlook Express</TT>
    http://www.oemailrecovery.com/repair...k-express.html - Outlook express repair<TT> </TT>
    http://www.mail-repair.com - Repair express outlook

Thread Information