Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No Longer Freeware :(

Lately many freeware have disappeared from view and are either no longer freeware or very hard to get a download link to :(. e.g.:
    2ce CubicEye 3D Browser, CleanDisk 2002, CM DiskCleaner, Codecreatures Benchmark, Coffeecup FreeHTML, Corel Presentations, Dagoth Moor Zoological Gardens, Diskeeper lite, Fusionsoft DVD Player, JV16 Powertools/Regcleaner, Lexun Backup Solution, Oozic Player 3, Shelltoys, System Security 2002, XP Smoker...what a looong list :(

Good, thing is my site (in signature) is still hosting these.

Some of them are still out there and they exist as freeware, just not on their original servers.

I managed to get my hands on Diskeeper Lite and RegCleanr by going on Google and doing a search on them. They were on some magazine's FTP server.

Do a search, you might find what you need.
    http://www.statgfx.com/statgfx/foldi..._original&.jpg

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those that know binary numbers and those that don't

diskeeper lite and regcleaner are still widely available

but one of the great things about the freeware/open source commuities, when you lose one piece of software there is always another one to take it place. If you are worried that these communities are disappearing, you need not worry. Today they are stronger than they have even been.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

There are alternatives but these are usually inferior :( The better the software gets the more likely it jumps ship from freeware.

and that would be one reason i prefer open source software over freeware :2cents:

Open source is very limited. Try find open source alternatives to that list.

well I'm not familar with half the programs in that list and i don't have time to google them right now, but i beg to differ that open source is limited. Some of the best 'free' applications i have ever used are open source. But for open source alternatives to your list, i'd suggest you start with sourceforge.net
    :cheers:

I've already done extensive searching. If I'd found a superior Open source alternative, it would've ended up on my site.
    The only useful Open source I use are httrack Web Copier, Open Office and Tarsier screensaver toggle.

Thread Information