Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Msn messenger Vunerability

I know this is beyond last week 3/9/2004, but since I don't see any threads about this I figured I'd go ahead and post it.

Obviously Microsofts messenger has been exploited and they have released an Update 6.1 to fix the issue, so for those of you who use this service* raises hand* I'd think its time to go and spend 6mb of your time and grab thisMsn messenger 6.1 Just for safteys sake. boy scouts motto: Be prepared.

Quote from Symantec's site

Microsoft MSN Messenger Information Disclosure Vulnerability
    Risk
    High

Date Discovered
    03-09-2004

Description

Microsoft MSN Messenger is prone to an information disclosure vulnerability. When a malformed file transfer request is initiated by a remote user, they may be able to view the contents of files on the remote system.

Even tough Norton has a plugin for msn, yahoo, and Aim this dosen't sound like a virus, so Antivirus is out of the question here. :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by #Hashx#
    I know this is beyond last week 3/9/2004, but since I don't see any threads about this I figured I'd go ahead and post it.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/viewtopic.php?t=17508
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Oh*makes like chinese man* so sorry, so sorry....I give you discount 5 dolla.. :lol:

Thread Information