Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: A really good DVD recording program?

:roll: Hey guys and gals,

I wanna go and buy a really good DVD ripping program....I know DVD XCopy Platinum is supposedly great (but costs more than 100 $US).....I want a cheaper one....

I ran across this program located at this site:

http://www.americancdduplication.com

and it seems very tempting...but I kinda can't find reviews for it (dont know where to look...CNet dont have squat)...and it makes me wonder why they are doing such a big "sale"....

As long as it works I'll be happy...I currently use Nero but that don't duplicate DVD movies that I bought (like Matrix Reloaded or special edition Lord of the Rings: Twin Towers box set)....DVD XCopy Platinum should do it but.......is there anything cheaper at the moment that can do it?

........I burn my music cd's so that I use them in the car ...throw them around and don't care cuz its cheap cd's........same with DVD movies.....I wanna like put them away and not accidentally drop/scratch/crack/etc. those damn expensive movies (like the LoTR box sets).

Thanks for any input.......and I hope I dont get the RIAA on my ass for trying to same myself $$ by not having to rebuy the stuff and give more tax money to them...... :D
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    ABit KR7A-133RAID
    AMD AXP2700+@2188MHz
    Crucial PC3200 @ 266MHz
    ChainTech GFX 5600U @ 234/798
    Seagate Baraccuda IV 80.0GB
    WinXP Pro
    ViewSonic G70fmb 17" 0.21mm/0.25mm
    Altec Lansing 221 2.1 speakers
    SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
    Plextor PX-716A DVD+-RW DL
    Plextor PX-708A DVD+-RW
    Plextor 24x10x32xA
    Antec SX1040B w/400W Antec SmartPower
    Microsoft TrackBall Explorer
    Logitech Elite Keyboard

I use a couple of free programs, DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink
    DVD Decrypter is really good for ripping from a DVD and allows you to strike out what you don't want. DVD Shrink can take a DVD 9 and shrink it down to fit on a regular DVD.

Like I said, these are free, can't beat the price

I have used Pinnacle Instant Copy and X Copy Express. Those just copy DVD to DVD

These, while they cost, are the easiest to use, just one or two clicks, then sit and wait for the finished product
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by {PoSeIdOnAs}
    :roll: Hey guys and gals,

I wanna go and buy a really good DVD ripping program....I know DVD XCopy Platinum is supposedly great (but costs more than 100 $US).....I want a cheaper one....

I ran across this program located at this site:

http://www.americancdduplication.com

and it seems very tempting...but I kinda can't find reviews for it (dont know where to look...CNet dont have squat)...and it makes me wonder why they are doing such a big "sale"....

As long as it works I'll be happy...I currently use Nero but that don't duplicate DVD movies that I bought (like Matrix Reloaded or special edition Lord of the Rings: Twin Towers box set)....DVD XCopy Platinum should do it but.......is there anything cheaper at the moment that can do it?

........I burn my music cd's so that I use them in the car ...throw them around and don't care cuz its cheap cd's........same with DVD movies.....I wanna like put them away and not accidentally drop/scratch/crack/etc. those damn expensive movies (like the LoTR box sets).

Thanks for any input.......and I hope I dont get the RIAA on my ass for trying to same myself $$ by not having to rebuy the stuff and give more tax money to them...... :D

This one is very good http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterV...ld_Profile.jsp
    got it at bestbuy for $30 (US). It's very simple to use and shinks any movie down to fit on 1 blank DVD. It also does Dvix, SVCD, VCD, and M-DVD formats.
    Also AnyDVD is a nice little program to have running in the background if you want to backup your copyright movies and CD's. Gets rid of the copy protection. http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

I've been using DVDCopy for awhile now and no longer have much need for DVD XCopy Platinum except maybe to backup a movie without any menu, and have ruined a few disc becuase I forgot to get rid of the 321 backup screen at the biggining of each movie, thats a real pain in the butt. Also DVD XCopy Express\Platnium will not work with every copyright movie as where DVDCopy has proven to be 100% for me sofar.

I've also read that CloneDVD is an excellent program but haven't tried it yet. You might want to check into it since it's priced under $40 (US). Most people seem to perfer it over DVD XCopy Platinum.

Check here for free software and answers to all your burning needs http://www.afterdawn.com/

I use DVD Shrink and Nero 6 and have had no problems :D

Quote Originally Posted by Twiztid
    Check here for free software and answers to all your burning needs http://www.afterdawn.com/

I use DVD Shrink and Nero 6 and have had no problems :D

I also agree that DVD shrink is good and the price can't be beat (Free) but it takes about twice as long to encode a movie as some of the retail software if you don't mind the wait.

Thread Information