Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Heads up notice for AOL Im users

A new adware threat called,"Buddy Links" is rapidly spreading across the network
    of AOL instantmessenger users.Aravving with the text" check
    this out", the mesage usually includes a link called "osama capture.php",
    which can activate a a download for a game application. The license agreement for
    this application inclues a buried text seeking consent
    to "permit the automatic sending of advertising messages originating from your
    Computer to your contact or 'buddy' list...", If you accept and install the game, this
    application will send advertising to everyone on you buddy list.. :evil: :evil:

Webroot news source

Basicly this new exploit will send annoying pop ups with more annoying,spamrific, Enlargement adds to all your buddies :roll: :wink: [/i]

Edit: Goddamnit, I didn't even read the post right the first time. So I mistakenly spammed. :grr:
    Would have helped if it said AIM users, not AOL. :roll:

AOL is a company, it is a *cough* service and it is an application.
    In fact, it is several applications. Some of which include some form of networking, browsing, email and instant messaging.

I have no fondness for AOL - but it does have a place in this part of the forum, if it has a place anywhere in this forum.

For those using AOL - good work #Hashx#!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I gave Aol's I'm a try, but once my Firewall told me that its trying to contact homebase(not for updates, but to send Info about my system!)...it had to|
    |
    \/
    DIE ! DIE!

:snip:

Since then I've been using Msn messenger 6.1..And it's the best ever! Love those backrounds :kay:

I'll stick with Trillian. It handles all the main IM clients at the same time with a single easy-to-use interface.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I have that program.....question: Can I use voice chat with trillian and transfer/download files also?? :confused:

Thread Information