Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with MSN Messenger 6.1

i am also having problems with msn, i can't loggin on hotmail or msn, i am not very good on computers and need a hand.
    so if any of you guys can help me :D i would be very greatful :D
    i have deleted all the spyware and still it does not work :cry: please help someone

You have to give more information.

What do you mean, you can't login? Is there an error message? If so, what is it?

well when i tryed to sign in it would say that my loggin name or password was incoorect, i have tried some of my friends loggin names and they don't work on my msn but they do on theirs.
    now i have to their is a new msn to download but it gets to the end of downloading and this message comes up
    "msn messenger could not download and verify the update file, would you like to visit the msn site"

sorry two mistakes in that *correct* and it was ment to say now their is a new msn.....
    sorry again :(

try manually downloading and installing MSN Messenger:
    http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/

Do you have a firewall program running? If so, disabling it may help. Do you have a hardware firewall (such as a router)?

i tryed to download msn manually but still got that my sign in name or password was incorrect.
    i don't know if i have a firewall and i havent got a rooter, is their away of finding out if i have a firewall
    thanks

You would have had to install a software firewall of your own. Either that, or you would have to use XP's built-in one (are you even running Windows XP?).

I really doubt that's the problem, though. You can try searching Google and Microsoft's database. It wouldn't be strange to find something useful, but searching can be quite tedious.

It's either that, wait for someone else to post, or reinstall your operating system. The latter tends to fix all problems not associated with hardware, and should fix your problem, but isn't guaranteed to fix the problem.

i am running windows xp home addition, so where do i go from here?
    thanks danny boy

Hi,

try going to Start>Connect to>Show all connections

Select your connection (ADSL, Freeserve, Etc)

Right click on it

Go to Advanced tab

Check whether the checkbox is ticked in the "Internet Connection Firewall" area

You could see if unchecking this has any effect on MSN, but like the others have said, its unlikely this would effect MSN and running without a firewall ain't recommended!

I think he meant reinstalling Windows XP. Well, I think so anyway. He certainly could have been more clear. :P

Do you have a Windows XP CD? I really need more information to help you. Donwload CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and tell me what chipset it says you have. Go to Control Panel\System\Hardware\Device manager to tell me what video card you have.

Is this a pre-built system from a large company? Again, do you even have a Windows XP CD?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information