Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Unable to open attachment

I have recieved an email from a known safe source which contains an attachment of a fax,I can read the email but when i try to open the fax/attachment it says OE removed access to unsafe attachments.Could someone please advise what is happening i need to see this attachment

While in OE go "tools/options" and under the security tab untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentually be a virus".

O.K. Thanks

I have changed the item in the options but i am still unable to open attachment.Am i right in thinking that the new setting will allow me to open attachments that are sent now but not ones that were sent previous to the change.If so is their no way (short of the attachment being sent again) that i could open it?

That's always worked straight away for me but is the attachment in a file format that you have the appropriate software to open it with?

Thanks i just reset my pc and i am now able to read the fax.

Thanks again for all your help :)

Thread Information