Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Which is better?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Firewall? ZoneAlarm or Sygate

Default Re: Which Firewall? ZoneAlarm or Sygate

ZnE alrm bbbayyy yeeaghhaaa........................................ .

Sygate is my preference......... it is user friendly, your non pingable... and the advanced rules for networking and IP blocking are super simple

Smile Re: Which Firewall? ZoneAlarm or Sygate

I use both, one each of two machines, the idea being to see which I prefer. I have used ZA for some time, but I think it is becoming bloated. Sygate has the additional ability to ping incoming, which you only now get with ZA pro. So, I am starting to come down on the Sygate side. Only time will tell.
    The bottom line is, use either, they are both freebies, although ZA is constantly emailing you to buy their Pro version, which now comes with a version of CA's EzAntivirus (what a crap yankie name). I use, and have used, EzA for several years, from the days when it was an Aussie bit of kit. "Only" costs me US$9.95 a year for updates, usually 3 a day. Good value in today's virus mad world. It works fine, I have not been hit for as long as I can remember with a virus. Then again I am a cautious type.

My only complaint about Zone Alarm is the same comlpaint Ihave with XP SP2. It bugs me about antivirus. It's easily fixed in both ZA and SP2, but it's the kind of feature that bothers me, even though it makes sense for most users.

I prefer Zonealarm, but sygate works better with AOL, as I found out the hard way lol, solution, remove AOL ;) ( you knew it was the only option right? )

Gary

(AOL should be banned text)

if you must use windows, then i stongly recommend sygate
    #

Just try both and see which one suits you.

I use to use Norton Firewall, but i noticed if norton wasn't installed on my system after i had formatted i was getting 100kbps faster downloads,put norton back on and it dropped 100 kbps,so i use Windows firewall now but i don't have much faith in it.
    If i install Zone Alarm or Sygate will my downloads/browsing slow down to where it was before with norton?

I have found Kerio to be the best. I ahve also tried Sygate and Zonealarm and I would have to say ZoneAlarm was my least favorite. That is just my opinion though. One does not perform better then another. Just remember a firewall is only as good as the user setting it up. What firewall you choose in the end is ussually based on personal preference like what UI you liek the best and stuff

I would have to say sygate. I have used both and find them both very good but think that zone alarm seems to be alot more hastle to work with than spf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information