Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i got a problem,i think i lost my data on my other computer

Default i got a problem,i think i lost my data on my other computer

Hey,

i think my hd crash or something b/c it giving me a message and it will stop there on the boot up and it says

Intel UNDI, PXE-20 (Build 082)

for realtek RTL8139(A/B/C)/RTL8130 PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.11 (001205)

client mac addr: 00 07 95 AB 71 D3 Guid: FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF

PXE-E53: no boot filename received

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE Rom

im gettin that message when i start up my computer now and that how far it will go so..do i need to charge any setting in the Bios or anything? and i can run live cd linux on it but thats about it and im on my other pc typein this so..if u have anythingi can try that will be awesome

Default Re: i got a problem,i think i lost my data on my other computer

It looks like you're trying to boot it over a network... Intel seems to have some documents regarding this. Unless you're trying to boot over a network, something is very wrong. If your hard drive is damage and you don't have any bootable CDs in, it's quite possible it would go to this. I have an Intel-based system that goes to some Intel boot loader, and it may be the same thing. In any case, I'd download a utility from the hard drive manufacturer's web site and run it to see if there's any damage to the hard drive.

can u log onto aim messager and u can try to help me fixed this problem and i can tell u more what it is doin too

the harddrive i got dont got much utility's for it and here is the site www.hgst.com and will this problem will not show the drive in fdisk too if it showin it boot it over a network? b/c this just this morning i wake up turn on the computer i turn a bad sound coming from the power supply fan then it stop working then i shut down for 30mins and everthing workin just fine then it shut down then now i can boot it back up all it giving me is that message that i post up in my frist post and i dont know how it want like that too

Yawgm0th, when u get the time can u help me out on aim messager and my aim name is Hotboyz1675

i got that message gone now its sayin disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter so..that tellin me my hd crash itself right?

Probably. Did that utility say anything had problems? Did it even find the hard drive?

the utility found the hd and it says it fine with all the test's i did

Well if that's the case, and it still shows up in your other computer as you said, then the Windows installation has just gotten screwed up. You can try to fix the problem by booting onto an XP or 2000 CD and going into the recovery console (the CD will present you with the option some time after it begins booting). Once there, you simply choose the installation. Then you can try both the fixboot and fixmbr commands. If those don't fix it, reinstalling Windows will be your last option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information