Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: MSN messenger

Default MSN messenger

Hey,

my IE 6 is stuffed up (long story, im not goin into). and MSN works off IE connection settings. so now my msn dosent work. (im using mozzila firefox). im on a network. is ther anything i can do to make it work without IE.... or is ther a patch i can download so it works off firefox???

thx again guys!

Default Re: MSN messenger

If you're talking about the MSN IM client, then give Trillian a go. It allows you to manage all your IM services at one time from one window. I have accounts on ICQ, MSN, AIM and Yahoo and all work together with Trillian. It is a shareware product with no expiration that I am aware of, but it works well enough that I sent in my money for it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    It is a shareware product with no expiration that I am aware of, but it works well enough that I sent in my money for it.
    It's freeware. There's Pro, which you do have to buy, but that's a separate piece of software. Shareware is free and can be paid for voluntarily in order to allow either continued use or complete functionality.

Anyway, Trillian is great, and it's what I use. There's also GAIM, which is open-source freeware. It's pretty good, and it's a smaller, more compact program than Trillian. In that sense, it has an advantage, but for the most part I'd say Trillian is superior.
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 12-01-2005 at 07:57 AM.

well... its been like this for about 3 weeks... and scince then ive used msn WEB messenger.. and recesntly gone on 2 instant messenger 2... and it dosent feel right... so thats y i wanted the normal MSN working again.... but ill give trillion a go....

thx guys

Question Re: MSN messenger

hey... i juz checked out trillion... its GREAT!.... could use about 2 features from MSN 7.0.... but nothing major solved all my problems

umm... i just relised... wen i go to change display name (under trillion/ my identity infomation).... i change it in there.... but wen i chat, it still comes up with my old display name (that i used in MSN 7.0)....

Any Help???
    Last edited by free_park26; 11-30-2005 at 05:42 PM.

nvm guys!... i solved it myself!

Thread Information