Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Spyware and Adware Removal Guide Speed Up and Free your PC

Question Spyware and Adware Removal Guide Speed Up and Free your PC

I currently have MaCafee Security Center which claims to have spyware protection which was included when I bought it for virus protection. I did not see a discussion of how well it works relative to other anti-spyware programs.

I understand that running multiple antivirus programs is a problem. Does anyone know if I would be better off disabling the spyware feature in MaCafee or if its ok to also install a separate spyware program that runs in parallel with the Security Center?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Spyware and Adware Removal Guide Speed Up and Free your PC

Yeah you can run as many Spyware/Adware apps as you want. I reccomend doing a scan with at least 2-3 of them once a week.

They will all normally find different things just because of their definitions, does not mean one is bad and one is good.

Sybot Search And Destroy is a good freeware one, windows defender, AdAware, the list goes on.

But yes, you can and should run many spyware apps at least once a week or a few times a month

Default Re: Spyware and Adware Removal Guide Speed Up and Free your PC

Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thread Information