Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is this possible, round 2 :-)

Default Is this possible, round 2 :-)

Hey guys. I used Virtual PC 2007 and created a VM on the external hardrive. That was easy, however, installing 3.1 is turning out to be not so easy.

I am not of the DOS era and everything I have tried has failed. Anytime I go to install or setup 3.1, I get an error that says "virtual pc can not create path". I finally tried a DOS 6.22 boot disk to format the partition on the external drive and then tried setting up 3.1. This got me futher than before but I still get an error. After formatting with DOS 6.22, 3.1 starts to setup but stops with a "setup error 214".

I tried WinME on the partition and ME installed with no problems. I guess I need a little more guidance with the 3.1.

Thanks in advance.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Is this possible, round 2 :-)

Thank you. I had looked at all of those. Before I looked beyond corrupt files, I wanted to make certain I was not missing something like DOS 6.22 not being good with 3.1. Thanks again. I will try another set of disks for 3.1 and move beyond there if needed.

Used another set of disks and everything has installed. Yipeeeeeeeeee!!!! Kinda :-(

Problem now is when the virtual machine starts, I have to enter date and time and then it brings me to a C: prompt. The directory lists WINDOWS but I can not access. Do I need to setup a boot for this? If so, how?

I know just enough to bug you guys but thanks anyway :-)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice!!!

Ya, I thought you had likely saw those but I never know who searches around and who does not so I thought I better post the links just incase.

You can enter and setup the time and such in the virtual machines BIOS, did you know that and already try?

I have not used 3.1 in YEARS. I forgot what it even looks like, should you be brought to a prompt or a actual windows? HAHA

Thread Information