Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IE is starting to **** me...

When I get and XP PC free I'll have a look but all IE's from 5.1 onwards has the option though on SE I use it thru System Information under tools. :smokin:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    I thought I was through buying mice, but with a testimonial like that, I am definitely interested in having those 2 buttons:geek:
    Yea, I am telling you, it is a heavenly setup, especially if you are stuck in old-school mode and like your windows to open in their own windows. It kicks the crap out of the default setting, "Back" and "Forward". Blah, who ever uses "forward" and back is as simple as a right click on any web page. Duh.

Try it Mr. C, I think I know you well enough that I can guarantee you'll like it. The only people who don't love it are those 'rambunctious' computer users who accidentally hit buttons as they reach for their mice.

Sounds good to me!
    I handle my mice with the utmost in gentleness and respect:p
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I think its fixed!!

I installed TweakUI and re-applyed the option (even tho it was already selected) about programs stealing focus. It hasn't done it yet but ill report back if it does...

Edit: nope, not fixed :(:cry:
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Death to focus-stealing tyrants!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Okay anyhow, the thing with xp is that for some reason the operating system is built with an autorepair feature. Basically, anything you try to do to change the original configs is undone immediately after you change it.

I know someone who has XP and had to go through stuff similar to this...I wonder if you can just go to microsoftupdate and see if there are any fixes for your XP IE. There is an alternative site for windows updates http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/d...391020,00.html . It is called bigfix. You install it and then it allows you to update without messing with microsoft.

Another thing you have to be careful about XP is that if you change too much of your hardware- you'll get locked out of your computer cuz it won't recognize your system. Then you have to put in this really loooong number to unlock it.

Microsoft :hammer:

When you first install XP it takes a screenshot of your computer system and sends it to microsoft - that's how the registration is done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information