Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GoldMines...

I am quite sure i am not the only one out there. But along my travels in the tech world, I have found the occasional desire to find that cool crazy new program that no ones know about but that can totally improve your computing experience. I'm really interested in what other techheads have come across in their paths. Im going to start the goldmine by listed some of the treasures that i have found.

Alot of people using the standard PPPoE protocols made for Windows lack a lot of powerful features that are available to the power user. Optimized bandwidth throughput, True internet connection sharing, with RASpppoE you can completely replace the newbie drivers and benefit from the pure power. read more about it here.

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~normanb/

Also for all you people who use any of those k-rad chat programs, here is the prog for you. Secure your communications, well as best you can with out full blown encryption, by using one of these very useful programs. Basically defend your IMS communications.

http://www.bitdefender.com/html/freeware_products.php

Allright, thats all for now folks, Ill definetely add some more of my **** here, lets keep this thread going and get some good software out into the open. over and out :cheers:

I like this thread already. Mr C will have a handful of suggestions, so I will lay off of the ones he has shown me. Here are my handiest apps:

DuMeter
    www.dumeter.com
    Creates a graph of how much data is being downloaded, and uploaded, and the graph is updated once per second. Very flexible, everything you'd want, nothing useless or bothersome. Extremely small simple program, uses almost no resources. It boots with every machine I own.
    My Rating: 11 / 10

KaZaa Lite
    www.kazaalite.com
    Kazaa without the crap.
    My Rating: 10 / 10

ACDSee
    www.acdsystems.com
    Small, quick opening, hands down best image viewer made. Excellent.
    My Rating: 10 / 10

diskSpace Explorer Pro
    http://www.east-tec.com/news/1999/may22-05.htm
    Fastest, most efficient way to sum up what is taking up space, and where it is.
    My Rating: 9.8 / 10

==========

Those are my big 4. I have a few dozen others that would rank after them, and I may go through my software for you later. Don't let my high ratings get the best of you. I don't give away rave reviews easily, unlike some.

I do have trial versions of these that aren't freeware. ;) So, I would be happy to discuss things over email or ICQ with those of you who also have significant contributions to this thread. Follow the email link on the edges of this post, and I'll give you my real email address, as well as my contact with whatever instant messager you prefer.

Ad-Aware is a great little application.

If you've been plagued by annoying pop-up ads, i'ts often not the result of the site you're currently visiting. Instead, it's a piece of adware left on your box in order to pop up ads all the time. Pron sites are big on adware, so this might be handy for a lot of the guys on this forum, alone with only a computer to love them.

Ad-Aware 5.83 is available at Download.com right now. I use it often, just like anti-virus software, it makes the internet a joy to use again.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Why is this thread being shyed away from?

Anolog X has some great free programs for Audio, Networking, Programming, System and some MP3 music as well. ;)

Resource Hacker which is a freeware utility to view, modify, rename, add, delete and extract resources in 32bit Windows executables and resource files (*.res). It incorporates an internal resource script compiler and decompiler and works on Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT, Win2000 and WinXP operating systems. :thumb:
    Ha copied and pasted that one. :D

man, i had totally forgotten about analog-x, absolutely k-rad software all the way. okay for those of you who are using the XP zip software, SHAME on you, SHAME. here is an INCREDIBLE program that will tottaly revolutionize how you do compression with zips. ZIp Genius will completely replace the XP zip layer and provide you with the most robust set of tools available. and its free. go here to check it out

CLick here for zip genius website

allright, thats all for now, lets keep this thread going people. :afro:

Thread Information