Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I appear to have a problem?

OK, I been using a P2P app pretty heavy in the past weeks.
    I recently noticed that I am showing that I am sending 8 bytes more when I upload a file than the file actually has.

Anybody got a line on what's going on??

I have suspended all file sharing of any type till I get a handle on this.

An AV scan shows nothing to be reported??
    P2P program glitch perhaps???

I don't know, and I surely don't want to infect anyone -- could 8 bytes even contain enough to be harmful??

I'd appreciate any light you folks could throw on this!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

um you gotta be pretty damn observant to notice an extra 8 bytes. However usually the file info is always messed up. When I download a movie the files are usually 698 even though it claims I downloaded 715meg.

Files I'm DL'ing are accurate, just the uploads are 8 over?

I'm going to reinstall the client and see what happens.
    Keep your fingers crossed!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

lol ok.........how could you notice a whole 8 bytes? lol that's almost like the day when olie noticed the little blue dot in the tweaktown graphic. lol

Many of the P2P utilities are spyware in nature. Is it possible that this is some generic info being passed along to a third party?

Just a thought.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

hmm.........well I dought that considering that I used a "crack from another author" (lol just a joke from someone elses thread on hacking and cracking) kazaa and rid it of its spyware.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Many of the P2P utilities are spyware in nature. Is it possible that this is some generic info being passed along to a third party?

Just a thought.
    This particular breed is not supposed to contain any of that garbage - which is the reason I have used it for more than a year.
    I've reinstalled it, but it may be a while before someone completes a DL so I can see the result.

I honestly never noticed a discrepency in file size before this AM?

I'm stumped...........:geek:

What client do you use? I've used alot and most of the ones I've touched are spyware. I used to use Morphies but when Kazaa kicked them off there network I was forced to move over to Kazaa. Kazaa has spyware until I "used some elses crack" to remove the spyware. I have tried direct connect and that seems to have a bit of spyware as well. Limewire is spyware as well. You useing IRC?

oh I forgot about that one. My brother uses it sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information