Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winamp Skips Help!!

Beefy Guest

my SBlive card works fine.. :cool:

omg my cdrom wasn't on dma!

maybe thats it... but probably not.,.. any idea where id find dma options for a HPT370 in winXP?
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

the RAID Administrator program lets you configure your drives DMA capabilities. However, if you update to the newer drivers from highhpoint, then cdrom support on the raid channels goes bye-bye.

how do you enable dma on a 2k machine?? i looked in device manager and disk administrator??????
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard
    how do you enable dma on a 2k machine?? i looked in device manager and disk administrator??????
    same as in XP

device manager - ide props - advanced settings
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

oh ok, used to be on the drives themselves in ME. i checked, and my hdd is set to ultra dma, and my cdroms are on pio (but they both have dma if available) hrm....
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

check your directx, sound card drivers, hd settings, change cd to dma..umm, try uninstalling and then reinstalling winamp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information