Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best CD Burning Software?

I just got a Plextor combo and the burn software sucks. My teenaged daughter likes to download tunes from Kazza and burn them onto a CD. What's the best, easiest and most reliable softwear for this? I have no clue. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Jonathan Sprague

Well if you'd rather not pay for any software and you're a user of Windows XP Pro or Home, you actually have built-in burning software.

Just drag and drops files into the drive (with CDR / CD-RW media inserted) and copy and delete just as you would a normal floppy disk drive.

Or if you want a bit more power, I suggest the 3rd party program called Nero.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Thanks, Mr. Tweak, Nero it is.
    Jonathan Sprague

I too use Nero. It is still one of the best overall burning utilities you cab get and it also has wizards for the common operations if you're inclined to use them. Good stuff all around. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yes Nero is the best but ya gotta have CloneCD as well for backups of some software (had to stop the kids destroyin' PS CD's). ;)

I need to try that one again. I attempted to use it with my older Creative burner but it wasn't supported by CloneCD. Hopefully the TDK burner I have now will work with it, but most disks can be burned with Nero. The CloneCD program handles a bit-by-bit copy if Nero fails.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Beefy Guest

I use Clone for all my straight CD copies. Half the time I simply just copy an image of the CD onto my computer and use a program (such as Fantom CD) to mount that image and make the computer think it's a CD in a drive. Don't need to burn it to a CD that way, and I can delete it when I'm finished with it. Works wonders.

CloneCD I only use for those things that Nero can't do as with everything else CloneCD is much slower. A perfect combination though with Lite-On CDRW's. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    CloneCD I only use for those things that Nero can't do as with everything else CloneCD is much slower. A perfect combination though with Lite-On CDRW's. :)

Nero seems to be the preferred burning software with everyone I know :thumb:
    <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
    <P ALIGN=CENTER>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
    </script>
    </P>
    <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

If whenever I try to use a burning program, The program not only freezes, but my whole PC freezes up, but after unplugging the burner itself from the pc, the burning program does not freeze, but just displays a message that states something like "no cd burner found" The burner is seen by windows, but I think simply like a cdrom drive. This sounds like my burner burned up huh???
    Anyone have a clue??:cheers:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information