Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is pc-cillin any good

What do you think pc-cillin or norton?

Also I have xp pro . What would be a good utilities for it?

It may depend if you want to pay for an Anti Virus Program or not. I use AVG with XP. It is free and gives free updates. You can find it at www.grisoft.com

The biggest mistake EPoX made was goin' from Norton AV to PC-Cillin. It came off both my XP and SE PC's as it's more of a hinderence than a help plus it did some real weird stuff and couldn't be configured any different. :thumbs do

AGV went back on instead. :thumb:

Pc cilin is disgraceful!!. (May be bad version). I have downloaded a new version of pc cilin. ,but it run very slow and closed all port of computer . I dont choosed any selection to close my port .soon I cant access my network . I hatred and deleted directory, Now I m using N.A.V. its free at some version. I dont know this is personel choosing. :afro:

I've found pc-cillin unloads itself when you least expect it. Is it possible for another prog or site to do this because only two weeks ago a virus fubar-ed my system, with cillin installed.
    If you truly love something, set it free. If it returns then it is yours.
    If it doesn't then hunt it down and kill it!

There are a couple of worms around now that will specifically disable your AV software if not up to date but atm PC-Cillin just plain sux. :thumbs do

There are better alternatives out there even the free Grisoft AGV is better. ;)

Thanx for prompt reply wiggo. Will give avg a try. As fire walls go is zonealarm ok. thanx
    If you truly love something, set it free. If it returns then it is yours.
    If it doesn't then hunt it down and kill it!

Infact all my PC's are running AVG and ZoneAlarm atm (both the free versions) plus both over the last two years have not let me down. :thumb:

Thread Information