Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Office 97/2002 questions

Hi there,

I have office 97 installed on my system and it does all that I need for word processing and database building. It does not include Outlook and I have that as a seperate application for my IPAQ PDA but it's Outlook 2002.

My question is...
    There is a new security patch for Outlook 2002 that just came out, the prereq's say I must have Office XP SP1 & SP2 installed in order to install this...

Seeings as I don't have Office XP but a stand alone copy of Outlook 2002 I am very hesitant to install either service pack..

I could use a bit of guidance on this from my friends here.... :?:

What's the best way to deal with this?

hmm...

No advice ??

have you checked officeupdate for outlook 2002 patches? to me that seems like the easiest thing to do.

Yep,
    I have.. they all refer to the Office XP service packs.

though its quite late and u might have found a solution to ur probs...but anyways...
    u can actually install service packs without any problems...even if u have stand alone outlook installed on ur pc, but the only thing required is that ur copy should not be a hot one..."u understand wat i mean?".
    just keep the CD handy while installing the sp on ur office and sp will show all the components of office 2002 installed on ur pc...i.e. outlook in ur case...and u will be home without any troubles. so go ahead...and keep it safe...!
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information