Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anti-virus software?

Hey CheeZmonZter go to WD's website and d/l their diagnostic tools then check the drive out as these may prove to be the best idea to find out if something's wrong w/ the drive itself. I had a WD BB800 go on me about 7 months ago, 5 weeks after the customer got it off me, and the drive was just a dud which was promptly replaced by the dealer. ;)

Thanks I already tried that and the drive seems to be functioning properly. I have backed up all of the files that I needed through DOS (royal pain in the A$$) I am going to be fragging the drive to night and starting out fresh again. Thanks to everybodies help on this!

Well the Virus problem has been taken care of! drive is back up and running with a few hundred hours of hair pulling and curses! I really hate DOS but things are working and now i just have to download all of my junk. Let this be a lesson to anyone out there without a antivirus program or those that dont back things up. this has been a royal pain in the neck!!! Again thank you to all those that helped with tips and information!!:thumb:

That's good to hear. :thumb:

Does this mean that those SETI w/u's will be rollin' again? :)

DOS may seem a bit harsh CheeZmonZter, but there is no denying it's power:thumb:

Glad to see you got this issue behind you, you've done well Padewan
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Again thank you! I know the power of dos but it is exactally what Bill named it Dirty Operating System. I have the system back up and going and am waiting to overclock againit to test its stability first, so the work units are taking about 6-7 hours instead of the 4-5 they were..but i have gotten quite a few out since joining...i think i started with 12w/u's 2 months ago and am up to 56 or so! I started in 8th place and now am way down the list! darn. New Ram and Cpu are going to be on their way shortly and pump up the speed!!!!!!!! Talk to you all soon...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information