Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop POP UPs

I tried this and it works, in just a few days, it stopped so many pop ups I am surprized:cheers:
    http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/stopthepop/index.html

In Mozilla you don't need any helping doftware. Just select the option to prevent unvanted windows to open and that's all.

I'v been using explorer. I just started trying Mozilla today.Not up to speed on that browser yet.:cheers:

POW! :thumb:
    (as some pop-ups are needed like those required to login to certain sites)

:D Yah I guess your right, but if you already know this, you can disable it when needed. But I know it comes in handy at some sites, some send zillions of pop ups:cheers:
    I know it happened already!!!!:cheers:

Wiggo, YOUR SO RIGHT.
    Now that I've had it on my pc a few days, As much as it takes away from the bad pop ups, it takes away from the ones you need. Like here to get the PM messages. But now that I know this I can use it when needed. Not everywhere, just someplaces!!!!:cheers: :cheers: Your a smart man:cheers: TY

I don't recommend anything unless I've tried it now. ;)

GOOD IDEA:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I'll remember that!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

POW does indeed work well, provided you take the time to "train" the program according to your needs.

Just leave POW running and when a pop-up appears you don't like, simply left-click the POW icon in the tray and choose "Add/Delete Popup".
    Then in the POW Windows Selection dialouge which appears, select the offending window from the list of open windows in the lower section, double-click it and it will be added to the list of windows to be closed which appears in the upper section of the dialouge.

That way, if you don't add it, you still get it.

Highly configurable, small, free and it works well -- AnalogX is definitely one of the good guys!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Crazy Browser also has a built-in popup blocker, multiple tab browsing etc, and it's free.

http://www.crazybrowser.com/

:thumb:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information