Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Analogx's POW!

OK, so i've been using this thing and all is well untill one day, today. I get a popup and go to try to add it and i dont see any windows listed (i got like 4 open). I reinstall POW and still nothing. Why did POW die?

I don't know what went on there as it's never happened to me. A bad download maybe? :?:

Maybe ya just need to d/l and reinstall it again but I've been usin' the same folder for over 2yrs now (I don't install it anymore as I just copy the folder to another PC and shortcut it, probably close to 100 PC's now carry that one folder). ;)

I'd be interested in seeing this take place.
    You don't suppose someone has a POW killer do you:eek:
    Perhaps Windows choked:?:

Methinks further investigation would be in order.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Yes it's very strange as 7 PC's here have a shortcut in the startup folder and...... wait a minute...... kane2g is this happenin' while ya got the SETI client runnin'? If so when the window opens to add a pop-up just wait for the window to populate or try it while the client is off. ;)

i just d/l it again and still the same.
    Turning off SETI doesnt affect it.
    It looks like no windows are open at all

Very strange, I wonder if someother app is interferrin' with it then. :confused:

I just turned on pow, just now, I wanna know how well it works, just cause of your post. I was WAS using stop the pops and it prevented o few pop ups that I needed, such as in here. So I But I disabled it and for some reason since it was installed I havent had barely any pop ups. I have noticed that there are more pop ups on Netscape than any other, and believe me I've tried a few and still am... hey wait a min, thats right, a link in here gave me Crazy Browser http://www.crazybrowser.com/ and Yes it does stop pop ups, but I am currently using IE and Crazy( just incase one _ucks up, I'm still able to do sumpthin!

But then again you dont need any pop up stopper here, and I mostly been here.

Hi,
    I just started using POW 2 days ago... anyone know where I can find DAT files to import in it? I already have over 20 pages in my list, but it's not fast enough ;)

Thanks,

Grypht

A quick search on Google came up with this .dat at;
    http://www.bearcy.com/download.html
    it's about 1/4 of the way down the page. There are some other interesting things on that page as well.

You might try some Googling and see what goodies you can turn up.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information