Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ad-aware v6

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    erm, maybe they are using the non-USA form of dating ie: dd/mm/yyyy rather than the USA form of mm/dd/yyyy? ;)
    HA!! of course! 9/2/03 would be february 9th!! not september 2nd!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    asklepios,
    I find both useful. honestly. not really one better than the other. something to check with Spybot are the "excludes" and the updates online. these need to be done regularly. ad-aware unfortunately didnt previously automatically update. i think the new version does.
    as some folks will remember I had a BIG problem with pop-ups a while ago, and eventually found that in Spybot under Excludes there were a whole host of cookies that were excluded that I didn't recognise! I unticked them, re-ran the programme and the pop-ups disappeared!
    Ad-aware in its previous life was starting to not pick up a lot of spyware which is why I used Spybot (as recommended by Wiggo :cheers: ) complementary with Ad-aware.
    Spybot also needs help to remember which programmes aren;t spyware, but did pick up more than Ad-aware5. As for AA version 6, the jury is still out as I have only been using it these last couple of days. : party ha
    thanx for the info sunshine...:thumb:
    i am off to get the both of them...soon i will know which one would i prefer...:cheers:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Yes both do run well together. :thumb:

for those who don't visit the site too often (just like me :p), the new build for adaware v6 is out.
    lavasoft have stopped releasing reference files for old build and thus it is recommended that you d/l new build.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thanks asklepios.

Have you noticed that it doesn't run as smoothly as the previous version, but it scans alot faster?

i thought that only i felt that way and its just my mind and nothing more...but seems i m not alone.
    though they have worked lot on scanning speeds. i never knew it could have been so fast. i even tried deep scanning my registry but it really is quite fast now.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I've always run the deep scan. (Better to be safe than sorry).
    In the previous version it would hang when it got to the 3205 mark, but now it just flies. However, it just seems to do it jerkily.
    (no point in whining, it works). :laugh:

I like version 6. I just used it on my wifes machine and it found 43 files. She has not used the old version and did not know there was a newer version. I think I will have to run it or she doesn't(she forgets).

you can set it adaware to start at windows start up and do a custom scan every time the windows is started. though if you can find time to scan yourself then not starting it at start up will save you considerable amount of resources.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I've never seen/used ad aware but I find that Pop Up Stopper is excellent! It's free and works like a charm. Low system resources too.
    Fast Times At Ridgemont High

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information