Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How do I safely remove AOL software from my computer?

How do I safely remove AOL software from my computer?

You had aol on your computer. It is permanently contaminated. The best and only solution would be to go out and get urself a new HDD. :laugh:

Actually, first uninstall aol, then do a reboot, then start>run>"regedit" and do a search for "AOL" or "America Online" You can safely remove anything of course be careful not to remove AIM items if you have it.......that should basically remove all of aol from ur system. Of course reboot to load the "new" registry back in.

You can use RegCleaner to clean your registry rather than finding each value for AOL. Its a freeware utility and is quite easy to use.:)
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

before you go cleaning the reg, be sure to remove any AOL adaptors in the Network Control Panel and install Windows Dial-up adaptor.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information