Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paint Shop Pro

did you know that #8 of paintshop is coming out at the end of the month?
    you can download the beta from the Jasc website - but it is full of bugs - I'm gonna wait for the official release and then pay the $20 for the upgrade rather than pick up a free but buggy version now.

I saw that. I'm so not worried about it right now, just now started to concintrate on learning #7. I mean so far I have learned alot, just by asking, and so I thought since I use paint so much, I'd just ask, plus it helps find others who like something that I like. You know what I mean. Don't ya?
    Plus since the font thing, I figured paintshop will help me still have fancy here and there. Just as Mr. C made me aware of.

TwizlZone

Thought I'd try to simplify a couple of the concepts you mentioned.
    Think of layers as sheets of glass. When you open a paint app, you start with a plain sheet of glass. You can paint something on it, such as a picture, and then control things such as whether it is transpearent or opaque. You can then take another piece of glass (layer) and paint something else on it. You can use many pieces of glass (layers) with different things on them. You can then stack them up in whatever order you want and and see all of the elements that are visible. It sounds simple, but there is an absolutly amazing array of effects that this stacking can have on the final image.
    There are 2 basic graphic types: raster and vector. Think of raster graphics as being drawn on a piece of graph paper (you know, the kind with all of the little squares on it). The raster graphics file defines the size of the squares and pretty much just says draw a straight line from such-and-such a co-ordinate to such-and-such another co-ordinate. You know for example, that you can draw a whole bunch of tiny straight lines it can look like a long, curved line. When you resize a raster graphic, those tiny lines get bigger and don't look like a smooth curved line anymore. They look like a bunch of straight lines stuck together in an arc. (This is called "the jaggys".) Vector graphics are based on a mathmatical representation that defines the line shape and its overall placement in the whole drawing and says no matter how far apart 2 points are. draw the line in the prescribed shape. So, when you resize a vector graphic, you still get smooth lines because the mathematics re-calculate how many really tiny lines it wil take to keep the origional shape. The tiny lines never get bigger (like in raster graphics), simply more tiny lines are added.
    Hope this helps.

hey, that's a really useful description. thanks! :thumb:

Anytime! Your welcome.

Yes bigjackusa very nice.
    Just this afternoon I was showing a newbee at PSP, and she stumbled across things that I havent even seen yet. And I have just been introduced to all the different things near the color pallet...styles and textures, and yes the layers. I feel I am ganna be very busy experimenting.
    Thanks and Yes I bet it will help me TY:thumb:
    And I did find some tutorals too.

I made this after I saw some new things. I hope its not too big.

very clever :thumb: althought a bit disturbing! :laugh:

I can add a new prodject every month
    PSP prodject
    Candle making

they're great arent they those tutorials?

have you tried the ones on the Jasc website as well?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information