Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paint Shop Pro

OK who out there knows alot about paint shop pro?( I have #7)
    This is one of my main things on my pc and There are a few things I need to learn. And or for someone to introduce other cool things about paint shop pro to me and/or others aswell
    Well I need now to learn about layers and Vecters?
    and why do some things look different after you save them.
    Also if anyone knows about the picture tubes? My favorite one is the rainbow. I'd like to know if I can or how do you make a simular picture tube? ( change the colors ) I have tried before but without luck. This I'm sure has something to do with layers.
    Layers. what,when,why and how to apply

Beefy Guest

OK, i'll try tackle layers / vectors for ya. My descriptions probably leave a lot to be desired though:

Layers

Layers can be used in all sorts of ways, and allow some seriously cool things to be done. Basically, most pictures are just a single layer, showing all the pixels in their own little places. 2 dimensional so to speak. When you introduce layers into it, you are adding a 3rd dimension, and can put things on top / bottom of other objects. This is handy if you are working on a picture where you need to make changes in the future, or need to blend items together and so on. Check out the attachment for a very simplistic view of what layers can do.

Layers can also be used to apply effects to layers beneath it. Not sure about PSP, but Adobe Photoshop is good for this. There are numerous effects that can be added using this method.

Beefy Guest

Vectors

Used when creating shapes / objects. Basically means that you can manipulate these items once that have been placed in, instead of just sticking down pixels. Common example is laying down basic shapes as vectors, then using the guides on it to change size, rotation, and so on...

Now those are very brief looks at what each is. There's a lot more possiblities, but that's just a simple start.

Beefy Guest

oops.. forgot pic from layers.. it's crap, but it might help

helpful website:

PSP Users Group ;)

Thanks Beefy, I think that will take me some time to figure out....but sounds like Its actually a good next step in learning how to ?!?!?!?! do my art stuffs better!! thanks
    And thanks SunShine, I will check it out!!

Twizl, am still learning myself, but here is another great site: - from Jasc itself! here :thumb:

I went to both the links, way cool, I'm getting more tubes, and alot of the tutorials!!! Thanks

I know, it's utterly amazing the stuff that comes for free...! :cool:

I'm still in the process of printing out myself all the tutorials!!!

why anyone would pay ten times the price for photoshop I will never understand!

I agree with you
    When I very first got on the pc, I had paintpro6, but this program was so way over my head, It was like a college after going to college. But office paint wasnt much, compaired .
    I actually have the one and only very firstez thing I ever did on a pc.... Any one care to see?
    Then ya can tell me what I can do with it!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information