Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Dreaded Red X

I'm getting little boxes with red Xs on most web pages I go to. Is this an IE problem? How can I fix it?. I'm running IE6 Sp1. Thanx for any suggestions.
    Warez R me

Trash IE6 and get opera or netscape 6.2. They are both fast and don't have red x probs. :shoot2: Opera is really really good and netscape has good java options. Don't wana dl netscape? you can get the cd for 2.99$
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Have you recently installed a firewall?
    Some pop-up blockers can cause this too.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

No did not install a firewall recently. Have had NIS on the puter for a while. What I did recently was to repair IE from the 'add/delete program' menu. Any further ideas how to 'fix' this problem?:(
    Warez R me

A large number of folks are having this problem.
    Back up these registry keys just in case this doesn't work, and try this.

Open REGEDIT.EXE
    Open \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Nam e-Space Handler\

Delete the keys 'html' and 'ftp'
    Leave the 'mk' key

A lot of reports of people using Get Right having problems with these registry keys -- but strangely, people who don't have Get Right are reporting the same problem, not sure where they got those registry keys from:?:

Anyhow, check to see if those keys exist - if so remove them after backing them up.
    Folks using Norton Security are having the same problem, with a different solution not related to those registry entries.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I'd still drop that hammer and let loose some indiscriminate justice on microsoft antichrist explorer.

I've already crucified it muahah...haahaha...ahaahahahahahah:eek: :flames: :smokin:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Thread Information