Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: word, excell, and email text

While working in word or excell, the cursor will sometimes move to the beginning of the document, or the cell that I am working in will lose data. This also happens when I'm creating e-mail. I have this happen on my laptop (P3/800MHZ/384MRAM) which has ME installed and also on my desktop which runs XP. Any ideas?

Thanks

nothing to do with windows.

anyways...do you want to say that you have word and excel open in background and at the same time you are creating an e-mail and when you come back after creating an email, you find out that either the text from your excel cell is gone or the cursor is at the top of the page or does it happen suddenly while you are working with word or excel?
    :confused:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

this happens when I'm only using word or only using excell or only creating or responding to an e-mail. I seldom have them running in the background while working on another. I'll check to see if I have other things running that maybe creating this situation. Thanks again for the assist.

you have a touch pad right??? on your laptop? The back part of your hand is touching the touchpad while typing and you are activating the space where you are typing. This actually is common on laptops.... I'd suggest trying an ext. keyboard.
    In Home:
    Exchange Server
    Blackberry server
    Web Server
    Game Server
    Dedicated T1 connection
    building pc
    P4 3.06
    2 gig DDR 400
    200 Gig hd using ATAserial
    Sony DVD writter
    Plexwrite 48X burner
    backup 120 gig ATA/133
    looking for the best graphics card
    Custom designed tower

Beefy Guest

That was my thought to start with, but then I saw he had it happen on his desktop as well...

Then i'd say maybe defective mouse... hardware wouldn't do that (PC hardware) and as far as Office, it shouldn't do that neither
    In Home:
    Exchange Server
    Blackberry server
    Web Server
    Game Server
    Dedicated T1 connection
    building pc
    P4 3.06
    2 gig DDR 400
    Sony DVD writter
    Plexwrite 48X burner
    backup 120 gig ATA/133
    Custom designed tower

Since the laptop and desktop run completely different hardware and oses, there is not much to look at as far as common elements. I would perhaps guess that it is a virus, existing on both machines because of syncing or file sharing.

no, a virus would not take your curser and put it where you are typing and delete what you have typed... It would corrupt the file you are working on... but not much more than that... if the problem is on the two machines... the question is how did he load the machines? is he using a ******* copy (bootleg) of Office? was it a burned copy or downloaded copy? if the equipment (keyboard or mouse) is not doing it, then I'd say uninstall office and reinstall it... you have to have something in common on both machines to have the same problem.... but I honestly do not think it would be a virus....
    In Home:
    Exchange Server
    Blackberry server
    Web Server
    Game Server
    Dedicated T1 connection
    building pc
    P4 3.06
    2 gig DDR 400
    Sony DVD writter
    Plexwrite 48X burner
    backup 120 gig ATA/133
    Custom designed tower

and I appreciate your sharing. I too thought that it was the touchpad on the laptop but the desktop shot that down. I use etrust antivirus and both systems are clean, if ezav is as advertised :) From what I read, it's probably not a bad idea to just re-install office. Thanks again.

Firewalker

I don't use MS Office, but just for general knowledge, could't a macro virus do these things?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information