Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: True Image 6

True Image 6 is supposed to allow copies of an old Computer Hard Drive, to be installed on a New Computer. However, when I try, and I reboot, I always get the message, An Operating System Could not be found.

This is not surprising as the Hardware is of course different. Has anyone using True Image managed this operation successfully?

I have tried Ghost 2003, and that only allows the image to be Installed, on the same computer is was made on.

Also any thoughts on which of these programs is best?

Was the new drive properly partitioned and formatted before the transfer? I have never used True Image, but it is not usually much of a problem to temporarily install the old drive in the new machine (you don't even have to mount it in the box) and do the transfer with Ghost.

Thanks bigjackusa, there is no problem with installing a new hard drive, and transferring the content of the old hard drive, using either of the programs.

However, what True Image claim, is that you can take an image from your Old Computer , and install it in a New Computer .

Of course this is a very different task from just changing a hard drive.

Thread Information