Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Paint Shop Pro 7 File Format Problem




  1. #1
    Sunyb36 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    34

    Default

    :shrug: I have a Dell PC, running Windows XP Home Version. The PC came with a trial version of Paint Shop Pro 7. I had no problems for 6 months. My son used it too, for downloading internet photos for projects. I recently received a "Trial Version Expiration" message, when trying to insert an internet photo into a Word 2002 document. I went out and paid $100 for the Anniversary edition of this software and I still have the same problem. Any saved photo, associated with this software does not open with the software and can't be inserted into any documents. All older photos from my hard drive or files associated with Dell Image Expert software work perfectly, even opening them with the Paint Shop Pro program. I also noticed that when I right mouse click on internet photos, about 80% of the time, I only have .bmp and .art format options for saving. These 80% also show, in the properties section, that they are Paint Shop Pro 7 files. On the other 20% of the photos, I get multiple format options for saving, and the properties section tells me that they are associated with Dell Image Expert. Only those associated with the Dell program can be opened and inserted into documents. I was on the phone for 2 hours with Dell, to no avail. I have a call into JASC, but I'm not holding my breath for their return call. The program has a 501 page manual included, which gave me no fix. Websites have no upgrades or updates to address this either. Sounds like a simple configuration problem, but why did it work for 6 months and only after the expiration, the problem started? I'm out $100 and still can only download and/or open about 20% of my photos. HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    Have ya tried here, http://www.pspug.org/forum/forum.shtml? :?:

  3. #3
    Sunyb36 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Thanks Wiggo...I just went over there. Nothing previously posted answers my question, but I posted a message there as well.

    Thanks Again!!!!

    Sunyb36

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •