Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Securing Microsoft software

Why does Microsoft make it so hard to keep up with the up-dates, and most of the time there is no notification from them about it.

How to keep your Microsoft software secure

from the page linked
    I think it's irresponsible of Microsoft to make finding out about and installing software patches so hard.
    I wonder how they are making it hard? :?:
    The guy is making comments on MS facility on providing the patches when he hasn't installed the same from september 2002!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now how responsible is that?

MS is providing you with:
    1. Update site
    2. Facility to be notified by E-Mail when ever there is a new security patch is released.
    3. Brief desciption of the patch (on update site itself).
    4. Full description in KB Articles.

I fail to understand that what else do people want from MS? May be that they came to everyone's home...knocked on the door and told them that a new patch if released or may be even installed it for them.

Any how i would recommend frequent visits to Bink's Site for latest news on what is happening on MS front.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I think its for the Average home user he may be taking about like my mum and dad. They could make it more ergonomical for people like them who don't have great knowledge of secruity flaws and patches e.t.c

Pity about having to sign up for a net account to get the bulletins and There should be an easy access microsoft update site. Its their fault the bugs are in the software and they should do whatever they can to get everyone who has bought the software uptodate with the highest security and technical soladrity :)

ta ta

do you have any suggestions that what should MS do to make the update process more user friendly?
    as far as i m concerned MS update site is pretty user friendly. i wonder where you or any one else might face the problems.
    i agree that it is their fault that their software have bugs...but have u ever come across any software that never had any bugs especially an operating system. their software have problems thats why they are spending that extra to keep them updated.
    the only thing they desire from us is to give a visit to the update site frequently...if we can't do that much then their is automatic updates. what else can a user want?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

OH!!
    Sorry, when I saw the title I thought this was a joke thread:o

Please, resume your discussion:confused:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information