Cooling the Athlon XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling the Athlon XP

Is anyone having probs cooling the XP. A mate has a 1700+ and can't keep it below 60C under load.

Good to see ya Oldbugger but no sorry as by all reports that I heard and read they've been runnin' about 3-4c cooler than the equivalent T'bird. :?:
    <center></center>

Comment

:?: I'm not sure whats up with your buddies 1700, somethings wrong. What has been done to correct the situation thus far?
      My 1600 is running cool as fresh blown snow.

W- did ya caught the temps on the final'd sweatheart. That mod'd glad real came thru. Thanks for the help! :D

Comment

My XP rarely goes over 32C w/an Alpha 8045 & Delta 80cfm - I didn't try this cooler on my T'Bird1.4 - but My impression is that the XP's are a little cooler

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what is he using to measure the temperature? There are some compacitors (or something) that sit all along the bottom of the XP processors, so a standard thermister that is attached to the mainboard may not be an accurate tale for temperatures.

Just a thought.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Yeah that is a thought but they will be back on top with the change to the 0.13 manufacturin' process. :smokin:
            <center></center>

Comment

OB- RDR's post brings a question to mind, what's your buddy's hsf, if he's running the retail pkg, I've heard that AMD maybe doing a hsf recall......the early ship'd units are running way to hot.

Darth did you check my temp's.........may thats for your help, too!

Comment

My friend has an Athlon Xp running cooler than a Tbird! :D

Comment

I'm running XP 1600+, with Dragon Orb CPU heatsink and fan, 80 mm case fan,Zerus Twin turbo 5.25 bay fan, and slot fan under my video card. CPU temp is around 40C under load. No problems so far.

Comment

Der

look at the bloody obvious first......he just called me and said he had the temp offset at +20C in mbprobe....courtesy of a teenage son with a habbit of twiddling settings........der

Thanx fellas...

Comment

It always happens but it's not just the youngin's that do it either as I have a pc back for the 5th time from a 56yr old who just has to fiddle with things he knows nothin' about. :(
                      <center></center>

Comment

Originally posted by Graham94
                        I'm running XP 1600+, with Dragon Orb CPU heatsink and fan, 80 mm case fan,Zerus Twin turbo 5.25 bay fan, and slot fan under my video card. CPU temp is around 40C under load. No problems so far.
                        I have the same temperatures with the Dragon ORB

Comment

I've got good temps for my XP
                          Its an Athlon XP 1600+ (1.4GHz) Oc'd to 1.6Ghz @ 1.85v with a Modded Dragon Orb 3 running at temps around 27-32c

Very happy with it indeed.

btw, got a pipe hooked up the the orb, blowing 100CFM from outside the case all focussed onto the heatsink. (pulled off the 7k fan - too noisy)

Comment

:D with that mod system and alittle more air, you could use a brick and get those temp's......good job:thumb:

Comment

hehe
                              yeah.

getting a better heatsink latter on down the track

Comment

Working...
                              X