TT's back !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT's back !

WooHoo ! Now I can start *****ing about VIA again !!

:D

Why as I have no trouble with them. :?:

Comment

I'm still hurting from bad experiances in the past. I'll admit that my machine's is doing ok at the moment, but a lot of people are very unhappy with VIA. Go check out their forums, some very unhappy campers over there !

I seem to be one of the few people who can get AGP 4x working without stability problems...

Comment

My Prolink GF3 works very nicely at 4x...and on an older KT133A based board as well.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Yes I really do need to move on, my current VIA system is ok. The IDE is a bit dodgy but other than that all's good.

VIA have improved a lot but there is still room for further improvement.

Comment

There is room for improvement on ANY chipset, but VIA has always done well by me.

Besides... I have a new EPoX 8KHA+ ordered and it should be in tomorrow. :D
            My Toys

Comment

Darth are ya goin' to stick an AthlonXP in that board and keep the old setup just for HSF reviews? :?:
              <center></center>

Comment

Undecided at the moment. Of course, I would still have to obtain an XP processor first... unless you have one to send? ;)
                My Toys

Comment

Wish I had one myself. ;)

Comment

Looks like I'll have to get used to this motherboard I'm reviewing ATM, it's a Shuttle AV40R (VIA P4X266) and seems to be running a little on the unstable side :(
                    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Well my Asus CUV4X-E/ VIA Apollo Pro 133A locks up in games on agp4x nothing has fixed it. But apart from that everything else runs fine.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=7
                        Gladiac920[/size]]
                        Well my Asus CUV4X-E/ VIA Apollo Pro 133A locks up in games on agp4x nothing has fixed it. But apart from that everything else runs fine.
                        Try reinstallin' the agp driver as I've found that it sometimes doesn't install propperly when installin' the 4in1's. ;)
                        <center></center>

Comment

In my opinion, VIA is just an Intel Wannabe company

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wiggo

Try reinstallin' the agp driver as I've found that it sometimes doesn't install propperly when installin' the 4in1's. ;)

hmm...thanks for that indirect tip, maybe installing the 4in1's twice after formatting could be a new trick to get everything running 101% smoothly....
                            :thumb:

Comment

No just the AGP part of them as the rest seems ok. :)
                              <center></center>

Comment

Working...
                              X