Linmodems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linmodems?

I'm wanting to buy a winmodem that can also do linux. I've considered the Diamond Supra Max, but I can't find any definate info on if it will do linux.

Does anyone know which winmodems will also do linux? I want to have a dual boot with XP or 2000. :?:

I tried this 6 months ago just for the heck of seeing what would happen. I could not get one to work. I bought one 3 years back and decided I'd try it last summer on Redhat 7.1. I got no where in a big hurry. Either internal or external, I think you'll be better off not purchasing a winmodem. (Linux or not!)

Comment

I agree, the money you save by getting a winmodem is really not worth it. They are the most godawful things known to man. get an external one and look at the lovely flashing lights :)

Comment

they don't seem to be too slow on my computer:p

Comment

Aznx,

What brand of linmodem are you using that works?

Is anyone familiar with the US Robotics 2977 - not a winmodem - at around $30 more than any winmodem, is this supported by linux? :lips:

I know very little about linux but I would like to know more. Using linux on the internet would seem to be a good way to learn it.

Comment

bastille, a PCTEL Plat v.90 modem, POS but hey, fast d/ls

used to be slow on win9x

got WAY faster on win2k/winxp

Comment

Well I've got an aztech UM9800 USB modem. I haven't tried it yet but apparently it'll run under redhat 7.2. Aztech have just recently released linux drivers for it.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X