PDA

View Full Version : Morpheous and WinXp

hbidad
02-12-2002, 05:41 AM
I ran Morpheouse with Win XP for about 3 monsth with out any problems. Here recently I just took advantage of my onboard raid and reinstalled Winxp but this time I choosed to go with NTFS instead of Fat32. Now eeverytime I try to open Morpheous ...it runs until it tries to connecto to a server then Windows closes it out and gives me one of those error messages that wants to send itself to Microsoft.

I have heard others that had the same problem but I still can't find a solution.

I have unistalled ...reinstalled...re-downloaded....re-downloaded from a different location....

Basicly tried everything but reinstalling XP

Could the NTFS be the problem?

ne0z
02-12-2002, 10:16 AM
I don't think NTFS is the problem cause I use the software alot with XP with NTFS and it works great

hbidad
02-12-2002, 10:21 AM
Thanks for your reply...I found the problem out...

I had to basicly set the permission for XP to share the folder

ne0z
02-12-2002, 10:46 AM
good deal, glad you got it working

hbidad
02-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Hey, thanks for your reply!

Webgraph
02-18-2002, 09:04 AM
I've tried Morpheus in Windows XP and it didn't even work on my PC! Your best bet is to swap it for KaZaA and ignore that spyware! :) KaZaA caused no problems at all on my Windows XP!

Kheldar
02-23-2002, 04:19 PM
i had a problem early on with morpheous i found that if deleted the .db files found the morephous folder it would work (and it doesn't affect your uploads/downloads

i do have problem when i change users - it won't work and when i tried to force it by changing the registry i lost my downloads

sKuLLsHoT
02-27-2002, 10:42 AM
i personally had a f**kload of troubles with kazza when i tried it in xp, stuff that webby, i'd stick to Morpheus hands down...