Help me choose a fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose a fan

Ok, I need some suggestions please. I'm putting together a new system. I'm gona be using a Soltek SL-75DRV2 MoBo with an XP 1800 CPU. I want to OC it a bit and I want to cool it sufficiently. I want good cooling but I also want it to be quiet. I know the alternative water cooling systems will achieve that but I don't want to risk getting a drop of liquid on my system. So heatsink and fan it must be. I've been looking at a lot of fans and a lot of heatsinks but I can't decide on one. Can you guys help?

Bustout!

2 choices really and they're either the Swiftech MCX462 or Alpha 8045 with the quiet 80mm fan options. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Here's another that may interest ya called the Thermalright AX-7 and here's a review of it.
      http://www.amdmb.com/article-display.php?ArticleID=155

Comment

Thermalright shows a list price of $29.95US for a bare heat sink - that's at least $10 cheaper than either the Alpha8045 or Thermalright's own SK-6

sound's like a deal:thumb:

Comment

I would definately go for the alpha! Or you could go for the new coolermaster with heat pipe!

Comment

What do you guys suppose I can OC my system to with these fans without getting into trouble?

Comment

This supposed to have a good performance to noise ratio as well:

Global Win TAK68:

Comment

Ok, I think I've made my mind up. Thank's Wiggo It's going to be the Thermalright AX-7. It's a killer sink. After a bit of research I've found it consistently at the top. It's a bit loud but apparently switching fans will drop noise significantly and will lower performance by a negligable ammount. This works for me. :smokin:

Comment

Hey no probs but as to how far you'll get ya CPU to go depends on how lucky ya are at gettin' a good one. :smokin:

Comment

Working...
                  X