ABit BH6 BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABit BH6 BIOS

I have an ABit BH6 motherboard with a Celeron 300a (yeah, the original thought was to overclock, but I never got there). I'm trying to decide about upgrading the CPU or moving to a new motherboard/CPU.

Looking at the market, I can get a "SlotKet" which will allow me to put a 1.4 GHz Celeron socket370 into the BH6. This sounds like a fine (and cheap) upgrade since I'm really not having that much of a performance problem.

The problem I face is that the BH6 BIOS (version SS) doesn't list anything above a 700 Mhz Celeron. The BH6 soft menu will let me set the FSB and multiplier to make the 1.4GHz work, but I don't know if I'll get other problems since the MB won't recognize the CPU.

Does anyone KNOW? I'd hate to invest the 100-150 for the SlotKet/CPU combination without knowing what I'm getting into. A new MB/CPU isn't really all that much more expensive, but this ABit has worked fine for me for years.

Thanks for any input!

heck, get a new mobo/cpu combo, you can prolly find one for $100-$130 at pricewatch etc. It also gives ya the added guarantee itll work

Comment

Working...
    X