VCool software it cool down AMD cpu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCool software it cool down AMD cpu!

im use VCool program on my AMD XP1900+ it drop my cpu temperature down alot without upgrade 2 a bigger heatsink & fan. im running average 40c .for AMD CPU only.

Yeah a few already use it as shown here http://www.tweaktown.com/vbulletin/s...p;threadid=792 ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

It doesn't drop your temperature, it dropes your Idle Temerature. If you play games in the summer in a hot environment, you still need a good heatsink.

Comment

Yeah ok but it is still a good program!

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would want to use that program, who cares what your idle temp is?

Thats like installing a little piece of junk on your engine that increases horsepower when it idleing...

Comment

some people like to sleep at night with their computers on --> cooling gets noisy --> les heat, less cooling needed!

Comment

Hmm... ok i spose... but boy, if I had a computer i could not sleep next to, i'd look into it, fix my poor fan/heatsink choices

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/tecar.html

Comment

i dint find the program useful at all not even durning idal it only droped the temp 1 degree

Comment

I agree that if you run your machine flat out all the time then Vcool won't be of much use...however, for old farts like me who don't thrash the living daylights out of my machine playing all manner of games and killing wobblygooks, it is a good way of keeping the NORMAL operating temps down. As most progs DON'T utilise the processor 100%, Vcool is very effective in cooling the average application operating temps by activating "halt-on-idle" when the processor is not in use. If you look at the system monitor while Vcool is running it shows 100% utilisation.....because Vcool is taking up the processor slack depending on the application. For example my normal surfing the net temps with a Tbird 1200 @ 1466 and a Swiftwech MCXC370 dropped from around 41C to the low 30s....and that means I have been able to install a rheostat on the CPU fan to slow the speed (and noise) considerably most of the time when not stressing the system.....

CPU cooling is only a means to an end.....that is to get the most reliable performance at the least impact in terms of noise. HSFs are not the only way to achieve that.

When stressing the system I turn ther fan up and the temps are the same as they were before I started to run Vcool.

Comment

Working...
                  X