Windows XP F Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP F Drive

I installed XP Pro clean on a spare 13gig hd on my gereric pc, AMD700 SlotA Gigabyte GA-71XE ,320mb ram, Iomega 100mb Zip,
    DVD,Cdr/RW. After the install for some reason my Zip Drive is C: and my HD is F:
    everything works fine. Mye IDE's are correct I have the HD master and the DVD slavr off the Primary and the Zip master and the burner slave off the Secondary ide. Anyone see this before? Please Advise.:D

sorry, i can't really help, but i think xp does some strange things. well different anyways. When was partitioning a different computer with 98 it wouldn't let me use the second harddrive as the main one, but xp automatically chose the second for me when i partitioned it with that.. hmm... did you try changing the drive letters in the device manager or in the partition.. i don't know if those will work... i've never done it before... good luck.. i'm sure there is someone here who know's how to help you

Comment

go into disk management and see what you can do with in there

Edit: if your not sure where that is, here ;)

control panel - administrative tools - computer management - disk management

gl

Comment

Thanks for the help but I did another clean install since I couldn't ghost the 13 gig onto my 20 gig, I guess ghost ver 6.3 doesn't like NTFS. Anyway when I did the new XP install I disconnected my ZIP and CDR/RW and all went kewl, my hd is now Local Disk C:
        Thanks again for your speedy replys and help.:wave:

Comment

Working...
        X