SETI@home Data Server Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETI@home Data Server Status

As you probably know, swapping completed units has gotten slow today. This is the latest statement form SETI@home:

Data Server Status
    The data server is up and running, but dropping connections

Right now the data server machine is up, but not all clients are able to connect. This is due to our server being swamped with requests, and usually happens right after a server outage, or if there are greater network/database problems we are currently trying to fix. Please try connecting later.

For more information about previous outages, please check our Technical News page.
    :-(

That message is recycled so often. :laugh:

But things were fine here. ;)

Comment

I did notice that it took me over 4 hrs to transmit 40+ WU's!

Comment

Well, they're at it again with the dropped connections... But this has already been discovered by some of our Australian friends.

SETI@home server status
        Last updated: 12:25:01 (UTC) on 2003-06-14

This web page gets updated automatically every five minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Data Server Status
        The data server is up and running, but dropping connections
        Right now the data server machine is up, but not all clients are able to connect. This is due to our server being swamped with requests, and usually happens right after a server outage, or if there are greater network/database problems we are currently trying to fix. Please try connecting later.

Comment

Yep it's down hard this time as I havn't been able to do a swap out for 14hrs now which means my connection will be at max for sometime once I can swap them out. :cry:

Comment

Quote: "SETI@home server status
            Last updated: 18:25:00 (UTC) on 2003-06-14

This web page gets updated automatically every five minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Data Server Status
            The data server is up and running"

At least that's what they're reporting ATM.

Comment

Works great for me now :thumb:

Comment

<center>— Jun 19, 2003 —</center>
                Website Outage Notice. This Sunday, 6/22/2003, there will be a 2 hour website outage starting at 16:00 UTC. Router hardware changes will be taking place.

Comment

Thanks for the UD. Let's see how much of a lag develops from a 2 hour outage. :cry:

Comment

Isn't just a pain when they do that (even when un-notified)? :(

Comment

hmm When they are turning it back on again? 2hrs? yeah, I beleive that when I see it.

Comment

They started much later than the 16:00 UTC that they stated. It was somewhere between 22:00 - 24:00 UTC.

Comment

well, i havent been able to connect for about 4hrs now. :mad:

EDIT: Since I just connected and submitted a WU, I think they are just backed up.

Comment

They seem to be back up now. At least I got the user page to display recently and SETI@work is showing some results. They've got a sizeable lag as you can imagine.

Comment

Jus got through to Submit a wu too. Must be back up, bt is very swamped right now

Comment

Working...
                              X