games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• games

I was wondering if it is possible to run a games system without windows on there at all. I guess you need completely different versions of all the games (half life, unreal etc) because all the files are different. I can see how you can run office type programs and music without windows, but availability of linux games has to be a pain. I understand you can get windows emulators for linux. Do these work? Is there a linux equivalent of direct X? So many questions. Somehow, i doubt you'll see a linux version of MF flight sim 2004, although there was talk of a mac version.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Bob

There is a way. And actually a lot of the newer games which feature online gaming are coming with linux installs because most people would rather run a linux server then a windows server (security reasons Id assume). I know UT2003 runs on linux, and Im sure CS does. Search google for windows emulators for Linux. You may want to check out this article. http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld...10-legacy.html

Good Luck

Comment

I don't exactly know what your talking about, but the best game 'emulator' for linux is WineX. You can run quite a few M$ games on it :afro:

Comment

Working...
      X