FSB Overclocking and other components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSB Overclocking and other components

I've got a Geforce 3 Ti500 (its my baby) and I was wondering if theres any chance that it could be damaged with high FSB overclocking. I'm not new to OCing at all but I never thought about this untill I put down 600 bucks for a video card.

It's unlikely that you'll do any damage to your new toy. When your overclocking gets to the limits of it's capabilities, it will normally just lock down the system and refuse to run. It is unusual to do damage to components.

Impossible? No
    Improbable? Yes

Good luck. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

But now my PC is being retarded, everything is great up to 10x110 (its a 1GHz Tbird w/FOP-38) but after that it won't boot up and I have to hit restart. After it comes back it goes back to original FSB, a safety feature I'm guessing. I've got an MSI K7T 266 Pro2, its brand new and I was expecting more, I've also got DDR memory.

Any ideas? It seems wierd that it would max out at only 110.

Comment

Sounds like it is time to dig out the manual, because it is sounding like some sort of setting within the BIOS that is designating a 100MHz FSB speed. Maybe a jumper.

I can't say for sure because I'm not familiar with MSI boards, but that is what it sounds like.
        My Toys

Comment

Now I'm having even more trouble, it seems if I move the FSB up at all a get hardware errors in Windows XP while playing games. I don't get it, everyone tells me this board is great for OCin and they have results to prove it :cry:

Comment

Ok here's my question: What is ya actual hardware setup? :?:

Comment

AMD Thunderbird 1000MHz (200MHz bus)
              MSI K7T 266Pro2a
              256MB Micron DDR
              Leadtek Geforce 3 TD
              Soundblaster Live!
              10/100 NIC
              Plextor 16x10x40a CDRW
              Maxtor 60GB ATA100 7200RPM
              Maxtor 20GB ATA66 7200RPM

FOP-38 and 4 Sunon case fans

Comment

Ok the hardware seems fine so onto my next question: What drivers and their versions are you using and in what order did you install them or are you using the default drivers that came with XP? :?:

Comment

Here it is

Comment

Originally posted by MySTiCuSS
                    Here it is
                    :?: LM?

Comment

OK, I fixed the blue screen problem, but I still can't obtain an FSB above 110. Should I try to up the voltage, I haven't tried to yet.

I'm using the latest official Nvidia drivers, SB drivers and the latest VIA drivers that I got from the MSI Live Updater.

Comment

Yes do try raisin' the voltage and see what happens. ;)

Comment

Where is a good spot to keep my temps at, currently I idle at 39C and get about 44C under load. I'm using a Globalwin FOP-38 w/Delta.

Some people say up to 60C is fine, others tell me no higher than 50C...

Comment

Go with the 50C limit. It will help make sure that your processor is never in danger. I normally go for under 45C myself, but I'm picky. :)
                            My Toys

Comment

Looks like I've got some headroom to work with :cool:

I must be pretty damn special, I've got all the TT bigshots answering my questions... all except Tweak himself :eek:

Maybe one day I can be as cool as Darth or Wiggo... prolly not though

Comment

Working...
                              X