Redmond/lycoris install probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redmond/lycoris install probs

hi, i've just tried to install lycoris.rl but it hangs on "starting lizard" i am runing win98se with one partition, although i have just deleted a linux partition, any ideas on how to get the dam thing to install?

I have installed Remond only one time, I am a Solaris/Slackware man myself. Try starting from scratch on a machine with nothing on it

Comment

the machine i used had a blank FAT 32 hd, and i dont have access to any other computers (hey im only 15), thanks any way.

Comment

I think you'd be better off installing mandrake, lycoris is an interesting idea but from the reviews I've seen it's lacking a lot of the apps you get in a more mature distro.
        p-two.net

Comment

IM getting a friend with cable to d/l me it now :D:D:D:D:D hehe, the only reason i went with lycoris cus it is only 1 cd...

Comment

Cool. I think you'll find that mandrake will do a good job of detecting your hardware as well.
            p-two.net

Comment

i just wonna try new stuff..like linux :D:D:D:D and well of course then theres hardware that i wonna try like..er..having a bigger HD would be a start...8Gb not much to go on when ur best mate feeding you with downloads

Comment

yay i have mandrake now and it rocks :D...windows XP will have to remain my main os cus i need to use office...

Comment

I hate to be the one to tell you this...but...mandrake 8.2 is about to be released...it's only a week or so away...it's not as bad as it sounds, you can use the rpm's from cooker to update.
                  p-two.net

Comment

are there ne improvements over 8.1?

Comment

Mostly bug and security fixes, but it will have a 2.4.17 kernel in it and xfree86-4.2.0.
                      p-two.net

Comment

and in layman's terms that means.......?

Comment

It fixes little probs that the earilier one had plus adds the latest kernel to it. :smokin:
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yeh i knew what the first bit was, that was obvious just didn't get the second bit but nm.

Comment

The latest version of xfree86?
                              oh ya better check ya other thread here too. ;)
                              http://www.tweaktown.com/vbulletin/s...&threadid=1319

Comment

Working...
                              X