help plz!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help plz!!!

i've followed kane2g's tutorial for setuping a SETI@home w/u cruncher, but i keep getting this error.

connect: no such file or directory
    cannot connect to server

and some other one, but i'm not getting it anymore, so any suggestions or help?

ta

i'm having trouble connecting to the server at the moment, i dunno if its my comp or the server is playing up, so that MAY be why you can't connect too

EDIT: just had a look on the seti server status page, this is what they have up:
    The data server is up and running, but dropping connections
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

oh ok, thanks, i'll try tomorrow morning then i guess.

Comment

Yes I havn't been able to do a swapout for 14hrs now but it's lucky that I hold 4 days worth of w/u's to contend with.

Comment

It has gotten better this morning. so give it a try.
          Also set your cache to hold enough WUs for 2 days or so. that way if you cannot connect to the server, you still got some to crunch on in the meantime.

Comment

If you were using SETI Queue, with one of the many public Queues, such as setiqueue.net or setiqueue.com, you would never have a problem with BerZerkeley's servers again.

Here's a handy guide on How to Set Up a Seti Queue. :geek:

Comment

i'm still pretty new to it so how much cache would i set for a p2 266?

Comment

not much, that will probably take most of a day to pump out 1 w/u :o :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Set it to 10 days Minimum and 14 Days Maximum, then you only have to load up every other week ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X