omega drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omega drivers

i got the drivers from ati site but i just heard of some drivers from another place, i wanna know if these are better drivers in any form. they're called omega drivers and are found in this site omega drivers . i just wanna know (before i try) if they're good, better than catalyst 3.4 or are good for oc'ing which i think i saw on that site.

I havent tryied these drivers, but I would not recommend using them. Sticking with the offical ATi drivers will allow for the best stability of your system.

Comment

I've used the Nvidia versions of omega drivers with no problems. Some improvement over the official driver versions.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

no, no problems at all with the Omega drivers. In Fact, these drivers offer the option to install the "hacks" so no need to softmod or bios flash.

[on a sidenote, i already flashed mine anyway]

Comment

The first I heard of these, I'm gonna try them. The built in o/c utility sounds interesting, like the coolbits nvidia one.
          I'll post back with results.
          athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
          tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
          asus a7n8xe-dlx
          thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
          bfg 6800gt
          seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
          samsung dvdrw
          2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
          logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
          2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
          creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
          mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
          DFI infinity nf4 ultra
          thermaltake tsunami dream -black
          seagate sataII 500gb
          evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
          samsung sata dvd-rw
          2x1024 ocz black
          logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
          ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

well, i haven't tried the oc utility cause i don't know how much to raise it. any opinions on that would help. my mobo is always between 35-44 C idle and full load, my radeon 9500 pro still has stock cooler which is what makes me ask how far could i raise the core/mem speeds that would stay ok with stock cooling.

Comment

Ok first of all, it all depends on what type of memory your 9500pro has.. The Sapphire one that i have has Infinion 3.3ns memory and so far the highest I've clocked it without giving me artifacts are 342/312 (core/mem) respectively.. and It's all stock. I could probably raise the core some more but there's no use, i don't even know why i have it that high, since i dont notice any performance boost.

So just give your 9500 a look at what kind of memory u got.. (less is better)

Comment

ok, i seem to have found out that the overclocking tab in vid card properties doesn't seem to work cause it always goes back 2 normal.

Comment

oh well.. :p

guess its time for a bios flash.. :o

Comment

my friend Olern has a problem with his TI4600 when he is playing a game it is mostly smooth till say a car starts to smoke in vice city, but the fire is ok, its just the after effects of the fire, that dang smoke, think these will help?

Comment

Originally posted by Juggalo_Dan
                      my friend Olern has a problem with his TI4600 when he is playing a game it is mostly smooth till say a car starts to smoke in vice city, but the fire is ok, its just the after effects of the fire, that dang smoke, think these will help?
                      these what? just curious ; ]

:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by hooligun
                        these what? just curious ; ]

:afro:
                        judging by the title and content of this thread, I beleive he is refering to the omega drivers :cool:

Comment

Well I tried them (v3.4 with r9000pro 128 and they were like 500 3d '01 faster than cat 3.4 but I have had more than 500 drop or rise with different official drivers anyway. Had a few issues with some games though. Like halo beta crashing the computer totally, and artifacts in red faction. And it forgot to oc at boot most of the time. I did notice the softmod for the other models. Now I got a new nvidia card so I wont be bothering with omega ati anymore.
                          athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                          tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                          asus a7n8xe-dlx
                          thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                          bfg 6800gt
                          seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                          samsung dvdrw
                          2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                          logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                          2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                          creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                          mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
                          DFI infinity nf4 ultra
                          thermaltake tsunami dream -black
                          seagate sataII 500gb
                          evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
                          samsung sata dvd-rw
                          2x1024 ocz black
                          logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
                          ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Iv been using the Omega drivers for about 3 mounths. These driers are very good , i had a good improvement with each. 9700pro with latest version(2478a) and XP2500 = 36297 AquaMark3 score.

Comment

Ive actually started using them now too. So far I like them, but I cant give ya a before/after benchmark. Nothing to complain about.

Comment

Working...
                              X